Edmonton, AB • Remote
About Smart Access
Smart Access offers retailers a new learning model to train and reskill frontline workers faster, more effectively, and at scale. Our location-aware frontline training platform runs on workers’ mobile devices to deliver training that is tailored to the exact work situation, personalized to the individual, and can be consumed in seconds. We equip learning & development and operations leaders at the largest retailers to create and distribute learning content to the frontline in days, and rapidly measure learning effectiveness.
On any given day, you might be doing:
- Working with stakeholders to understand and define customer requirements and project KPIs
- Helping to improve and maintain the Smart Access product and systems infrastructure
- Collaborating with Data Science and other engineers across the entire stack
- Delivering everything from tiny front-end UX improvements to broad infrastructure changes spanning multiple codebases
- Debugging and identifying front-end or API related issues
- Coordinating and communicating within the team, and with customers
- Researching and integrating new technologies to drive our development process forward
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Periodic progress reporting to Management and the customer
We are looking for intermediate to advanced developers who can pick up any technology quickly and are comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you have:
- Experience building custom web applications
- Solid understanding of web technologies, including HTTP, RESTful services
- Familiar with basic data structure and algorithms, as well as databases and SQL
- Ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Experience with developing and executing Unit, Integration, and End to End tests
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Awareness of Agile principles
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
If some of this is new to you, it’s okay — we are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong sense of product design, and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit, and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
Smart Access is a Remote employee company. You will be working from your home during your employment. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We would like to thank you in advance for applying! Because we receive an overwhelming number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Smart Access, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of the keys to our success. We believe that talent is talent, and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences makes for a stronger team.